« הקודםהמשך »
4. We sing of his love while sojourning here, 'Till Christ from above our Saviour appear: The heirs of salvation with triumph receive, In full consummation of glory to live.
5. THE ASCENSION OF CHRIST..
Hymn 81. P. M.
LL hail the true Elijah,
The Lord our God and Saviour!.
2. The never dying prophet,
By flaming steeds to heaven.
4. Borne on his fiery chariot,'
5. Who see their Lord at parting,
6, The spirit of our master
Shall rest on each believer:
7: Yes, our exalted Jesus,
By faith we now adore thee,
And still we sit before thy feet,
8. In vain the flaming chariot
Hymn 82. P. M.
1. LIFT up your heads, ye gates,
2. He comes, he comes from far, The strong and mighty Lord.. Mighty and strong in war,'
To claim his just reward: Wide open throw, &c.
3. The Lord of Hosts is he, Th' omnipotent I AM, Glorious in majesty,
JEHOVAH is his name: Wide open throw, &c.
4. JEHOVAH, Jesus, Lord
Of earth and heaven receive,
With God again may live: Wide open throw, &c.
Hymn 83. . .
'AIL, Jesus, hail, our great High-Priest, Enter'd into thy holy rest, That holy, happy place above! Thou hast the conquest more than gain'd The everlasting bliss obtain❜d
For all who trust thy dying love. 2. That we the promise may receive, Might soon with thee in glory live,
Thou stand'st before thy Father now! For us thou dost in heav'n appear, Our surety, head, and harbinger,
Our Saviour to the utmost thou. 3. Not without blood-thou pray'st above: The marks of thy expiring love
God on thy hands engraven sees!
And seals our everlasting peace.
Hymn 84. c. M.
Christ ascending and reigning.
Let ev'ry land their tongues employ,
2. Jesus our God ascends on high;
5. While angels shout and praise their King,
4. Rehearse his praise with awe profound, Let knowledge lead the song,
Nor mock him with a solemn sound
Hymn 85. L. M.
Christ's Ascension, Psalm xxiv, 7-9.
Our Jesus is gone up on high; The powers of hell are captivc led, Dragg'd to the portals of the sky. 2. There his triumphal chariot waits,
And angels chant the solemn lay: "Lift up your heads, ye heav'nly gates! "Ye everlasting doors, give way!" 3. Loose all your barrs of massy light, And wide unfold the radiant scene; He claims these mansions as his right: Receive the King of Glory in.
4. "Who is the King of Glory, who?” The Lord that all his foes o'ercame, The world, sin, death and hell o'erthrew ; And JESUS is the conqueror's name. 5. Lo! his triumphal chariot waits,
And angels chant the solemn lay, "Lift up your heads, ye heav'nly gates! "Ye everlasting doors, give way!" 6. "Who is the King of Glory, who?"
The Lord of boundless power possest, The King of saints and angels too, God over all, for ever blest!
Hymn 86. L. M.
EJOICE ye shining worlds on high, Behold the King of Glory nigh! Who can this King of glory be? The mighty Lord, the Saviour's he. 2. Ye heav'nly gates, your leaves display, To make the Lord, the Saviour, way: Laden with spoils from earth and hell, The Conqu❜ror comes with God to dwell. 3. Rais'd from the dead, he goes before, He opens heav'n's eternal door, To give his saints a blest abode Near their Redeemer and their God.
6. THE GLORY OF CHRIST.
Hymn 87. c. M.
HEN the first parents of our race
and their God,
And the infection of their sin
2. Infinite pity touch'd the heart Of the eternal Son,
Descending from the heav'nly court,
3. Aside the Prince of glory threw
4. His living pow'r and dying love.
And rais'd the ruins of our race