« הקודםהמשך »
2. Go into ev'ry nation, go,
Speak to their trembling hearts, and cry, Glad tidings unto all we show; Jerusalem, thy God is nigh. 3. Hark! in the wilderness a cry: A voice that loudly calls, Prepare! Prepare your hearts, for God is nigh,
And means to make his entrance there! 4. The Lord your God shall quickly come: Sinners repent, the call obey: Open your hearts to make him room, Ye desert souls, prepare his way. 5. The Lord shall clear his way thro' all; Whate'er obstructs, obstructs in vain: The vale shall rise, the mountain fall,
Crooked be straight, and rugged plain. 6. The glory of the Lord display'd
Shall all mankind together view: And what his mouth in truth hath said, His own almighty hand shall do.
Hymn 378. L. M.
Baptism. Matth. xxviii, 19. Acts ii. 38.
2. He sits upon th' eternal hills,
3." Repent and be baptiz'd," he saith,
As water makes our bodies clean;
5. Thus we engage ourselves to thee,
Hymn 379. c. M.
ELESTIAL Dove, descend from high,
Come, with thy quick'ning pow'r apply
2. I love the Lord that stoops so low
But the rich grace his hands bestow
3. Almighty God, on thee we call,
Hymn 380. s. M.
Y Saviour's side
1. M Pour'd out a double flood;
By water we are purifiy'd,
And pardon'd by the blood.
2. Call'd from above, I rise,
3. It runs divinely clear,
A fountain deep and wide;
Hymn 381. L. M.
OME, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Honour the means ordain'd by thee! Make good our apostolic boast,
And own thy glorious ministry. 2. Father, in these reveal thy Son;
In these for whom we seek thy face.
The inward pure baptizing grace.
4. Eternal Spirit, descend from high,
Hymn 382. L. M.
The Lord's Supper instituted. 1. Cor. xi. 23,&c.
1.WAS on that dark, that doleful night,
2. Before the mournful scene began
He took the bread, and bless'd, and brake;
What love through all his actions ran! What wondrous words of grace he spake. 3." This is my body broke for sin,
"Receive and eat the living food;" Then took the cup and bless'd the wine; "'Tis the new cov❜nant in my blood."
6. "Do this (he cry'd) till time shall end,
Hymn 383. s. M.
Communion with Christ, and with saints, 1. Cor. x. 16, 17.
1. ESUS invites his saints
Hère pardon'd rebels sit, and hold
4. For food he gives his flesh;
3. This holy bread and wine.
Maintain our fainting breath,
4. Our heav'nly Father calls.
Christ and his members one;
5. We are but sev'ral parts
Of the same broken bread;
6. Let all our pow'rs be join'd,
1. TN that sad memorable night, was for us
Hymn 384. P. M.
He left his death-recording rite:
He took and bless'd and brake the bread. And gave his own their last bequest, And thus his love's intent express'd. 2. "Take, eat, this is my body giv❜n,
"To purchase life and peace for you,. "Pardon and holiness and heav'n :
"Do this, my dying love to shew, "Accept your precious legacy, "And thus my friends remember me." 3. He took into his hands the cup,
To crown the sacramental feast And full of kind concern look'd up, And gave to them what he had blest; "And drink ye all of this," he said, "In solemn mem'ry of the dead."
4. "This is my blood, which seals the new.. "Eternal cov'nant of my grace; "My blood so freely shed for you, "For you, and all the sinful race: "My blood, that speaks your sins forgiv'n, "And justifies your claim to heav'n.
Hymn 385. P. M.
WOW can heav'nly spirits rise,