« הקודםהמשך »
That sav'd, we may thy goodness feel,
3. Thy goodness and thy truth, to me, To ev'ry soul abound;
A vast unfathomable sea,
Where all our thoughts are drown'd. 4. Its streams the whole creation reach, So plent❜ous is the store; Enough for all, enough for each, Enough for evermore.
5. Faithful, O Lord, thy mercies are,
6. Throughout the universe it reigns
And while the truth of God remains,
Hymn 313. P. M.
'LL praise my Maker whilst I've breath, And when my voice is lost in death, Praise shall employ my nobler pow'rs: My days of praise shall ne'er be past, Whilst life, and thought, and being last, Or immortality endures.
2. Happy the man whose hopes rely On Israel's God who made the sky,
And earth, and seas, with all their train: His truth for ever stands secure ! He saves th' oppress'd, he feeds the poor, And none shall find his promise vain. 3. The Lord pours eye-sight on the blind; The Lord supports the fainting mind:
He sends the labʼring conscience peace;
He helps the stranger in distress,
And grants the pris'ner sweet release. 4. I'll praise him while he lends me breath, And when my voice is lost in death,
Praise shall employ my nobler pow'rs: My days of praise shall ne'r be past Whilst life, and thought, and being last, Or immortality endures.
Hymn 314. L. M.
RAISE ye the Lord! 'tis good to raise Your hearts and voices in his praise; His nature and his works invite To make this duty our delight.
2. He form'd the stars, those heav'nly flames;
Who spreads his clouds around the sky;
He clothes the smiling fields with corn;
6. But saints are lovely in his sight,
Hymn 315. c. M.
"Y Saviour, my almighty friend,
2. Thou art my everlasting trust,
Send down thy grace, O blessed Lord,
3. My feet shall travel all the length
And march with courage in thy strength,
4. Awake, awake, my tuneful pow'rs,
Hymn 316. L. M.
HIS is the God whom we adore,
And neither knows measure nor end.
Hymn 317. P. M.
THOU God of my salvation,
2. Whilst the angel-choirs are crying: "Glory to the great I AM!" I with them would still be vying, Glory, glory to the Lamb! O how precious
Is the sound of Jesu's name!
3. Now I see, with joy and wonder,
Down to all, to me it flows.
Glory, glory is his own.
5. Angels now are hovʼring round us,
Hymn 318. P. M.
E boundless realms of joy,
His praise your songs employ,
. Thou moon that rul'st the night,
His praise declare, ye heav'ns above,
3. Let earth her tribute give,
4. His chosen saints to grace,
He sets them up on high;
Hymn 319. c. M.
God my only happiness. Psal. lxxiii. 25. ·
Y God, my portion, and my love,
I've none but thee in heav'n above,
2. What empty things are all the skies, And this inferior clod!
There's nothing here deserves my joys,
3. In vain the bright, the burning sun
'Tis thy sweet beam creates my noon;
4. And whilst upon my restless be d
If my Redeemer shows his head,
5. To thee we owe our wealth, and friends, And health, and safe abode: