« הקודםהמשך »
2. Better than my boding fears
And challeng'd thy belov❜d:
And death ungrasp'd his fainting prey;
3. Now as yesterday the same,
Sure as now the grief I feel,
The promis'd joy I soon shall have,
4. To thy blessed will resign'd,
Compass'd round with songs of praise,
Hymn 277. c. M.
ESUS, my Saviour, full of grace, Be thou my heart's delight, Remain my fav'rite theme always, My joy by day and night.
2. Hung'ring and thirsting after thee,
3. May thy blest Spirit to my heart, Throughout my future race
True faith and constancy impart,
4. The myst❜ry of redeeming love Be ever dear to me:
'Till I shall once in heav'n above, Forever dwell with thee.
Hymn 278. s. M.
OME, Lord, and help me to rejoice,
Shall cease from all my sins and strife,
2. I shall not always make my moan, Nor worship thee a God unknown, But I shall live to prove
Thy people's rest and saints' delight,
The length, and breadth, and depth, and height Of thy redeeming love.
3. Rejoicing now in earnest hope,
Rivers of milk and honey rise,
4. A land of corn, and wine, and oil, Favour'd with God's peculiar smile, With ev'ry blessing blest;
There dwells the Lord our righteousness,
And keeps his own in perfect peace,
Hymn 279. c. M.
JOYFUL sound of gospel-grace,
I, even I shall see his face;
2. The glorious crown of righteousness
3. The promis'd land from Pisgah's top I now exult to see;
My hope is full (O glorious hope)
4. He visits now this house of clay; He shakes his future home:
O would'st thou, Lord, on this glad day," Into thy temple come.
5. With me, I know, I feel thou art, But this cannot suffice,
Unless thou plantest in my heart
6. My earth thou water'st from on high ; Oh make it all a pool!
Spring up, O well, I ever cry,
Hymn 280. P. M.
E contrite sinners, hear,
According to his word;
Rejoice in hope, rejoice with me,
2. The Lord, our righteousness, We have long since receiv'd: Salvation nearer is
Than when we first believ'd; Rejoice in hope. &c.
3. In God we put our trust:
Of glory shall appear;
And sce redemption near;
Hymn 281. c. M.
́OW happy ev'ry child of grace,
The land of rest, the saints' delight,
2. O what a blessed hope is ours! While here on earth we stay,
We more than taste the heav'nly pow'rs,
We feel the resurrection near,
Our life in Christ conceal'd,
3. O would he more of heav'n bestow! And when the vessels break;
Our ransom'd spirits then shall go,
Hymn 282. P. M.
2. The things eternal I pursue;
3. Nothing on earth I call my own:
4. There is my house and portion fair,