« הקודםהמשך »
hast there, them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumbling-block before the children of Israel, to eat, and commit fornication :
15. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaites.
16. In like manner do penance: or else I will come to thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
17. He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches: To him, that overcometh, I will give the hidden manna, and will give him a white counter, and in the counter, a new name written, which no man knoweth, but he that receiveth it.
18. And to the angel of the church of Thyatira, write: These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like to a flame of fire, and his feet like to fine brass.
19. I know thy works, and thy faith, and thy charity, and thy ministry, and thy patience, and thy last works which are more than the former.
20. But I have against thee a few things: because thou sufferest the woman Jezabel, who calleth herself a prophetess, to teach, and to seduce my servants, to commit fornication, and to eat of things sacrificed to idols.
21. And I gave her a time that she might do penance, and she will not repent of her fornication.
22. Behold, I will cast her into a bed: and they, that commit adultery with her, shall be in very great tribulation, except they do penance for their deeds:
23. And I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am he, that searcheth the reins and hearts; and will give to every one of you according to your works. But to you I say,
24. And to the rest who are at Thyatira: Whosoever have not this doctrine, and who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will not put upon you any other burden.
25. Yet that, which you have, hold fast till I come.
26. And he, that shall overcome and keep my works unto the end, I will give him power over the nations.
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron, and as the vessel of a potter they shall be broken.
28. As I also have received of my Father: and I will give him the morning star.
29. He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
And to the angel of the church of Sardis write: These things saith he, that hath the seven spirits of God, and the seven stars: I know thy works, that thou hast the name of being alive: and thou art dead.
2. Be watchful, and strengthen the things that remain, which are ready to die. For I find not thy works full before my God.
3. Have in mind therefore in what manner thou hast received and heard : and observe, and do penance. If then thou shalt not watch, I will come to thee as a thief; and thou shalt not know at what hour I will come to thee. · 4. But thou hast a few names in Sardis, which have not defiled their garments: and they shall walk with me in white, because they are worthy.
5. He, that shall overcome, shall thus be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6. He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
7. And to the angel of the church of Philadelphia write: These things saith the Holy one and the True one, he that hath the key of David; he that openeth, and no man shutteth; shutteth, and no man openeth.
8. I know thy works. Behold, I have given before thee a door opened which no man can shut: because thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9. Behold, I will bring them of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie: Behold, I will make them to come and adore before thy feet: and they shall know that I have loved thee.
10. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon the whole world to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11. Behold, I come quickly: hold fast that which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12. He, that shall overcome, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God: and he shall go out no more: and I
will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God, and my new name.
13. He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
14. And to the angel of the church of Laodicea write: These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, who is the beginning of the creation of God.
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.
17. Because thou sayest: I am rich, and made wealthy, and have need of nothing; and knowest not, that thou art wretched and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.
18. I counsel thee to buy of my gold fire-tried, that thou mayest be made rich: and mayest be clothed in white garments, and that the shame of thy nakedness may not appear: and anoint thine eyes with eye salve, that thou mayest see.
19. Such as I love, I rebuke and chastise. Be zealous therefore, and do penance.
20. Behold, I stand at the gate, and knock. If any man shall hear my voice, and open to me the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.'
21. To him that shall overcome, I will give to sit with me in my throne: as I also have overcome, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He, that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.
AFTER these things I looked, and behold a door was opened in heaven, and the first voice which I heard, as it were of a trumpet speaking with me, said: Come up hither, and I will show thee the things which must be done hereafter. p. 23.
2. And immediately I was in the spirit; and behold there was a throne set in heaven, and upon the throne one sitting, p. 24.
3. And he that sat was to the sight like the jasper and the sardine-stone; and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. p. 24.
4. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats; and upon the seats, four and twenty ancients sitting, clothed in white garments, and on their heads were crowns of gold. p. 24.
5. And from the throne proceeded lightnings, and voices, and thunders; and there were seven lamps burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God. p. 24. i
6. And in the sight of the throne was as it were a sea of glass like to chrystal; and in the midst of the throne and round about the throne were four living creatures full of eyes before and behind. p. 25.
7. And the first living creature was like a lion; and the second living creature like a calf; and the third living creature, having the face as it were of a man: and the fourth living creature was like an eagle flying. p. 25.
8. And the four living creatures, had each of them six wings: and round about and within they are full of eyes. p. 25. And they rested not day and night, saying, Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, who was, and who is, and who is to come. p. 26.
9. And when those living creatures gave glory and honour and benediction to him, that sitteth on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, p. 26.
10. The four and twenty ancients fell down before him that sitteth on the throne, and adored him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: p. 26.
11. Thou art worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honour and power: because thou hast created all things, and for thy will they were, and have been created. p. 26.
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne, a book written within and without, sealed with seven seals. p. 26.
2. And I saw a strong angel, proclaiming with a loud voice: Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? p. 27.
3. And no man was able, neither in heaven, nor on earth, nor under the earth, to open the book, nor to look on it. p. 27.
4. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open the book, nor to see it. p. 27.
5. And one of the ancients said to me: Weep not; behold the lion of the tribe of Juda, the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. p. 27.
6. And I saw: and behold in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the ancients, a Lamb standing as it were slain, having seven horns and seven eyes; which are the seven spirits of God, sent forth into all the earth. p. 28.
7. And he came, and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat on the throne. p. 28. . 8. And when he had opened the book, the four living creatures, and the four and twenty ancients, fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. p. 28.
9. And they sung a new canticle, saying: Thou art worthy, O Lord, to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: because thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God, in thy blood, out of every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation, p. 28.
10. And hast made us to our God a kingdom and priests, and we shall reign on the earth. p. 28.
11. And I beheld and heard the voice of many angels round about the throne, and the living creatures and the ancients: and the number of them was thousands of thousands. p. 29.
12. Saying, with a loud voice: The Lamb, that was slain, is worthy to receive power, and divinity, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and benediction. p. 29.
13. And every creature, which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them: I heard all saying: To him that sitteth on the throne, and to the Lamb, benediction and honour, and glory and power, for ever and ever. p. 30.
14. And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the four and twenty ancients fell down on their faces, and adored him that liveth for ever and ever. p. 30.
And I saw, that the Lamb had opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures, as it were the voice of thunder, saying, Come and see. p. 31.
2. And I saw: and behold a white horse, and he that sat