« הקודםהמשך »
To buy his will it would not seem too dear;
Wid. Now I see
Hel. You see it lawful then : It is no more,
Wid. I have yielded :
coherent. Every night he comes
HEL. Why then, to-night
ACTIV SCENEI. Without the Florentine Camp. Enter first Lord, and Soldiers, to their Ambush. 1. L. He can come no other way but by this hedge'
corner: When you fally upon him, speak what terrible language you will; though you understand it not yourfelves, no matter : for we must not seem to understand him ; unless some one among us, whom we must produce for an interpreter.
1. S. Good captain, let me be the interpreter.
1. L. Art not acquainted with him ? knows he not thy voice? 1. S. No, fir, I warrant you.
1. L. But what linsy-wolfy haft thou to speak to us again?
1. S. E'en such as you speak to me.
1. L. He must think us fome band of strangers i'the adversary's entertainment. Now he hath a smack of all neighbouring languages; therefore we must every one be a man of his own fancy, not to know what we speak one to another; so we seem to know, is to know straight our purpose : chough's language, gabble enough, and good enough. As for you, interpreter, you must seem very politick. But couch, ho! here he comes; to beguile two hours in a sleep, and then to return and swear the lies he forges.
Enter PAROLLES. PAR. Ten o'clock : within these three hours 'twill be time enough to go home. What shall I say, I have done ? It must be a very plausive invention that carries it: They begin to fmoke mę; and disgraces have of late knock'd too often at my door. I find, my tongue is too fool-hardy; but my heart hath the fear of Mars before it, and of his creatures, not daring the reports of my tongue.
1. L. “This is the first truth that e'er thine own" "tongue was guilty of.
PAR. What the devil should move me to undertake the recovery of this drum ; being not ignorant of the impossibility, and knowing I had no such purpose ? I must give myself some hurts, and say, I got them in exploit : Yet slight ones will not carry it; they will say, Came you off with so little ? and great ones I dare not give; Wherefore ? what's the instance ? Tongue, I must put you into a butter-svoman's mouth, and buy myself another of Bajazet's mute, if you prattle me into these perils.
1. L. “ Is it possible, he should know what he is,” "and be that he is ?”
PAR. I would, the cutting of my garments would serve the turn; or the breaking of my Spanish sword.
1. L. “We cannot afford you so.”
PAR. Or the baring of my beard ; and to say, it was in stratagem.
1. L. "'Twould not do.” Par. Or to drown my cloaths, and say, I was stript: 1. L. “Hardly serve."
PAR. Though I swore, I leap'd from the window of the citadel
1. L. “How deep?'” PAR. Thirty fathom. 1. L. “Three great oaths would scarce make that" “ be believed.”.
Par. I would, I had any drum of the enemies'; I would swear, I recover'd it.
1. L. “You shall hear onę anon. PAR. A drum now of the enemies' !
[ Alarum within. Ambush rush upon Parolles ; Į. Į. Throca movousus, cargo, cargo, cargo.
9 Mule, if
Sol. Cargo, cargo, villianda par corbo, cargo.
[bind, and blindfold him. PAR. O, ransom, ransom: Do not hide mine eyes. 1. S. Boskos thromuldo boskos.
PAR. I know, you are the Muskos' regiment,
1. S. Boskos vauvado :
PAR. Oh, oh!
1. S. Pray, pray, pray.Manca revanta dulche.
1. L. Osceorbi dulcos volivorco.
1. S. The general is content to spare thee yet;
PAR. O, let me live,
1. S.' But wilt thou faithfully?
1. S. Acordo linta. Come on, thou art granted space.
[Exit, with PAROLLES guarded. 1. L. Go, tell the count Rosillion, and my brother,
8 Italian, or French,
We have caught the woodcock, and will keep him mufid 'Till we do hear from them.
2. S. Captain, I will.
1. L. He will betray us all unto ourselves ; Inform 'em too of that.
2. S. So I will, Sir. 1. L. 'Till then I'll keep him dark, and safely lock’d.
SCENE II. Florence. A Room in the Widow's House.
Enter Bertram, and DIANA.
Ber. Titl’d, goddess;
fine frame hath love no quality ?
you are dead, you should be such a one As you are now, for you are cold and stern ;
should be as your mother was, When your
fweet self was got. Dia. She then was honet. BER. So should
And now you
$ Informe on that