« הקודםהמשך »
4. Keep the spirit untouched and uncorrupted
The Spirit by the commandment convinceth us,
1. Of actual sin, with the several aggravations thereof • 203
There is a natural conviction of the guilt of sin ; and
Two things make up the reign of sin, 1. In sin, power
uncontroulable subjection : ib.
Whether small sios may reign
Whether natural concupiscence may reign
2. Other causes, besides the power of Christ's grace, may work a
1. The power of restraining grace
3. Differences between the conflicts of a natural and spiritual con-
5. In their ends
The apostle's reasons against idolatrous communion .
1. Promises contain the matter of rewards, and so presuppose ser-
Love the ground of making, fidelity of performing, promises ib.
1. General promises are particularly, and particular generally ap-