« הקודםהמשך »
20 Wherefore by their fruits, ye shall know them.
21 of Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord , have we not prophesied in thy name P and in thy name have cast out devils 2 and in thy name done many wonderful works?
*------- - - -
20. By these Fruits therefore of good and evil Dispositions and Actions, may ye certainly distinguish the Preachers of true Religion, from Deceivers and false Prophets.
21. " And according to these fruits of good and evil Lives, will God himself judge and reward or punish Men. For not every one that makes an outward profession of Religion, and believes and calls upon my Name ; but they only, who in their Lives obey the Commandments of God, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
me in the Day of Judgment; Lord, have we not believed and embraced thy true Religion, and taught and preach'd it to others 2 And have we not had so great Faith, as even to cast out Devils and work Miracles in thy Name? Wilt thou not therefore now receive us and acknowledge us for thy true Disciples
F 3 23. But
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you : depart from me ye that work iniquity.
24 of Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doth them , I will liken him unto a wise man which built his house upon a rock :
25 And the rain descended , and the floods came, and the
* The words &Jonate "eyyay, I never knew you, fignifie in Scripture Phrase, I never approved you. Thus Psalm 1.6. The Lord knoweth, that is, approveth the way of the righteous. So
Rom. 7. 15. That which I do, &
* . - :- -
approved of him, .
3/wa'azo, I Knosso not, that is, So I Cor. 8. 3. If any man love God, he is known,
winds blew, and beat upon that house : and it fell not, for it was founded upon a
rock, o - of 1-3 5... o. is * . . . . . He c -ij-, si ... to to . . . . ... . . - st 3.1.2 . " . . r
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and” doth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man which built his house upon the sand :
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house : and it fell, and great was the fall of it.
upon the Sand. 27. For as a House with
So the Man, who hears, and
believes, and makes profession of true Religion, but lives not suitably to the Precepts thereof; cannot resist the violence of Temptation, and will not be able to stand before God in Judg
F 4 ment,
his Sermon; and the Peo
ple which heard him were surprized with Admiration at the Excellency of his Discourse, - - -
29. For his Doctrine was not like the Preachings of the Jewish Dočtors, formal and trifling, full of vain T raditions, and depending on the groundless Authority of Rabbies and Heads of Sects: But the things which he spake, were Great and Noble ; and he delivered them with a Voice of Majesty and Authority, of Gra
• vity and Truth.
29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
c H A P. VIII.
r Hen he was : come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
2 And behold ,
there came a leper. and worshipped him,
saying, Lord, if thou Wilt, thou Canftmake me clean. ' '
3 And Jesus put forth his hand and touched him, saying, I will, be thou clean. Andimmediately bis, leprofiewas cleansed.
4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou
tell no man; but go."
thy way, shew thy. self to the Priest, and offer the gift that
3. J Esus having finish’d his Discourse, and coming down from the Mountain ; a great multitude of People gathered themselves together about him, and followed him. 2. And there met him a Man that was Leprous, and fell down before him, and intreated him to take pity on him and heal him; saying, Lord, I firmly believe,