« הקודםהמשך »
Son, go work today by a Severe Parable, the in my vineyard.
Justice of God in utterly Rejecting Them with all their Prerences of Religion, and Receiving in their stead the Penitent Gentiles. What think you ? Said he. A certain Man had two Sons ;
and be Commanded them both 29. He answer'd to go Work in his Vineyard. and said, I will nots
29 & 30. The one said But afterward he repented, and went.
he would not go, but be re3D And he came to pented and went ; The other the second, and said said he would likewise.
be go, but went answered and said, not. I go, fir , and went
31. Which of these two, 31 Whether of think you, was the most them twain did the Obedient Son? They Anwill of his Father? fwered ; He that said he They say unto him, The firft. Jesussaith would not go, but Reunto them, Verily I pented and went. Even publicans and the fo, reply'd Jesus, the Pub harlots go into the licans and Harlots and Heakingdom of God be thens, who have formerly
indeed been great Sinners, but Repent now and Obey the Gospel, are accepted and rewarded by God; while ye Priests and Elders, and Teachers of the Jews , who pretend to be the peculiar People of God, and make a great external
show of Religion; do really disobey his Commandments, and' reject his Gospel, and shall be utterly and' finally rejected by him.
32. For John the Baptist 32 For John came was sent to you from God, unto you in the way to Preach to you the necef- and ye believed him sity of Repentance and not : but the publiObedience : And the Pub believed him. And licans indeed, and Harlots; ye when ye had seen believed him and Repented: ir, repented not afBut ye, to whom he was might believe him. primarily sent, neither believed him at first; neither, after the Example of these Penitent Sinners, did ye afterwards Repent. 33. Again,' Another 33 (Hear another
parable: There was Parable spake Jesus unto a certain housholder them, to the same import, which planted a vinesaying; A čertain Man yard, and hedged it
round about, and Planted a Vineyard, and fur. digged a wine-press nisked it with all things neces- in it, and built a sary for its Fruitfulness, Oro to Husband men, and nament, and Defence; and went into a far counthen Travelling himself into di far Country, he let it out to Husbandmen: Thus God delivered the Law to his peculiar People the Jews, with great present Ad
vantages, and promises of
future blessings. 34. And when the
Now when time of the Fruit the time of Vintage drew Servants to the Hus- nigh, the Owner Jent Sera bandmen, that they vants to the Husbandmen might receive the Fruits of it.
to receive the Fruit of the 35 And the hus Vineyard; But the Husbandbandmen took his
men abused his Servants, and servants, and beat one, and killed ano- beat some of them, and flew ther, and stoned ano- others: Thus God expecting ther.
from the Jews, to whom he had given his Law, the Fruits of Holiness and Obe. dience to his Commands, fent to them his Prophets to remind them of their Duty, and to incourage them to Obedience; but they misus'd the Prophets, and persecuted and flew
them. 36 Again, he sent
36. Again,The Master fent other Servants, mo other and more Servants, to then the first : and they did unto them receive the Fruit of his Vinelikewise,
yard; but the Husbandmen Rebelled, and flew them alfo : So God continued to sendh more Prophets to the Jews, to endeavour to reclaim them, and exhort them to Repentance; but Them also they persecuted and killed.
37. Last of all, he sent 37 But laft of all, unto them his own Son, think he sent unto them his
Son, saying, They ing that surely they would will reverence mý reverence his Son: Thus at last God sent his Son into the World, that if there were any means left of reducing the Jews to Repentance, they might be convinced at least by the Miracles and Authority of Christ.
38 € 39. But the Huf 38 But when the bandmen, thinking that if
, Son, they said among
Husbandmen saw the they destroyed this son and themselves, This is Heir of their Master, they the heir, come, let
us kill him, and let Jould be disturbed no more us seise on his Inhe. in their unjust detaining the ritance. Poffeffion; rise up against bin, and caft bim out
39 And they caught him also; and New him : of the vineyard, and Thus the Jews, after ali New him. the indignities which they had offered to God's Mel. sengers the Prophets, were to add this at last, to fill up the measure of their Iniquity, that they should also put to Death the Son of God; cafting him out of the Church, who was the Foundation of it, and the Author of all God's Bler. fings to it.
let out bis
40 When the
40. When therefore, said Lord therefore of the Jesus, The Master of the what will he do untó Vineyard returns, what do those husbandmen? you think will he do to these
wicked Husbandmen? That is, when the time of God's executing Judgment shall come, what punishment will he inflict upon these
incorrigible Jews? 41 They say unto
41. The Chief Priests him, He will miserably deftroy those and Elders, not yet underwicked men, and will standing that this was the unto other husband true intent of the Questimen, which shall ren- on, Answered ; He will deder him the fruits in froy without Mercy, those their seasons.
wicked Husbandmen, and let out his Vineyard to others who will serve him more faithfully: By which Answer they unawares gave Judgment against themselves with their own Mouths, that it was just for God to destroy the Jews, and Reveal his Will to another People, who would obey it more
sincerely 42 Jesus faith unto them, did ye have judged rightly;Even
42. Jesus replied; ye never read in the scriptures, The stone thus will God deal with which the builders rejected, the fame is you. And when the Chief become the head of of the Jews, perceiving