« הקודםהמשך »
way wherein he designs to redeem Mankind.
24 After this, Jesus 24 ( Then said said to his Disciples : I Jesus unto his discimy self am to be perfect ples, If any man will
come after me, let ed by Sufferings ; and him deny himself, and whoever will be a True take up his cross, and Disciple of mine, must be follow me. willing to follow my Example: He muit absolute, ly resign himself to the Will of God, renouncing all worldly desires, and resolving both to do and suffer whatever God shall think fit to require of him.
25. And let him not 25 For whosoever think much
if he be will save his life,shall
lose it: and whosoforced even to lay down
ever will loose his his Life for the sake of life for my fake, shaN True Religion. For they find its who save their Lives in this present time, by basely complying with Temp: tations to forsake their Religion ; thefe only are they who most truly lose them by incurring eternal Death: But he that constantly persevere; , and loses his
Life in this present time, to preserve his Religion and his Virtue ; does most truly save it unto Eternal
Happiness. 26 For what is a
26. For what Compaman profited, if he rison is there, between shall gain the whole world, and lose his all the Things that this own soul ? or what present World can afford, shall a man give in even if one could possess exchange for his
himself of them AU foul ?
and the saving or loging a Mans Soul eternally ? or what valuable Consideration can be given for a Man's
Soul ? 27 For the Son of
27. For the time is comman shall come in the glory of his fa- ing, when Christ shall apther,with his angels; pear in the Majesty of God, and then he shall re- and with the glorious atward every man ac- tendance of his
tendance of his holy Ancording to his works.
gels, to pass a final Judgment upon all Mankind, and to reward every one
according to his works. 28. Verily I say 28. The Time indeed unto you, There be of this last Judgment, God which shall not tafte has not thought fit to reof death , till they veal : But I assure you see the Son of man there are some here precoming in his king- sent, who shall live to see dom. the Kingdom of Christ be
10. Accordingly the Dif 10 And his Dira.
ing, Why then fay
11 And Jesus an-
come, and restore all
12. But this ought not 12 But I say una
to you, that Elias is
come already, and
but have done unto Elias has indeed appeared him whatsoever they accordingly, only the Jews lifted : likewise shall
did not receive and acknowalso the Son of man fuffer of them. ledge him, but he was per
secuted and Nain; and in like manner will they deal
also with Christ himself. 13 Then the dir 13. Then they underciples understood stood, that John the Baptist that he spake unto was that Elias, whom the them of John the Baptift.
Prophet foretold should be the Fore-runner of the Mef
sias. 14 ( And when 14. Now when Jesus they were come to returned to the rest of his the multitude, there
Disciples, whom he had not came to him a cere tain man, kneeling taken with him up into down to him, and the Mount, but had left saying,
them below with the Multitude; there met him à Man, who fell down before him, and said
3 15 Lord, have
15. Lord, have pity upon mercy on my son, for my Son; for he is tormenhe is lunatick, and ted with a Devil, and is Lufore vexed : for ofttimes he falleth into natick, and hath the Falling the fire, and oft into Sickness ; fo that he can the water.
not keep himself from falling into the Fire or the
Water. 16 And I brought 16. And I brought him him to thy disciples, in your absence to your and they could not cure him. Disciples, hoping that they
might have been able to have cast out the Devil, and to have cured my Son, but they could not.
17 Then Jesus an17. Then Jesus rebuked
fwered and said, o his Disciples for their want faithless and perverse of Faith, saying ; How long generation, how long muft I be with you ? and shall I be with you? how many Miracles muft fuffer you ? bring
how long shall I I work among you, before him hither to me. you will firmly believe me, and attain such a degree of Faith in my Name, to which God may annex the Power of working all Miracles Let the young Man be brought hither to me.
18. Then they brought 18 Ard Jesus rehim to Jesus ; and Jesus buked the devil
, and commanded the Devil to him: and the child come out of him ; and his was cured from that Disease was perfectly hea- very hour. led.
19. And when the Peo 19 Then came the ple were gone, the Disciples, disciples to Jesus agrieved that they had not could not we caft
part, and said, Why been able to work this Mi- him out? racle, came to Jesus alone, and asked him what was the reason, that they were not able to cast out this Devil, and to heal the young Man.