« הקודםהמשך »
27. Which was the Son of foanna, which was the Son of Rbefa, which was the Son of Zorobabel, which was the Son of Salatbiel, which was the Son of Neri,
28. Which was the Son of Melcbi, which was the Son of Addi, which was the Son of Cofam, which was the Son of Elmodam, which was the Son of Er,
29. Which was the Son of Jose, which was the Son of Eliezer, which was the Son of Jorim, which was the Son of Matthat, which was the Son of Levi,
30. Which was the Son of Simeon, which was the Son of Juda, which was the Son of Joseph, which was the Son of Jonan, which was the Son of Eliakim,
31. Which was the Son of Melea, which was the Son of Menan, which was the Son of Mattatha, which was the Son of Nathan, which was the Son of David,
32. Which was the Son of Fele, which was the Son of Obed, which was the Son of Booz, which was the Son of Salmon, which was the Son of Naason,
33. Which was the Son of Amina dab, which was the Son of Aram, which was the Son of Efrom, which was the Son of Phares, which was the Son of Juda,
34. Which was the Son of Jacob, which was the Son of Ifaac, which was the Son of Abraham, which was the Son of Thara, which was the Son of Nachor,
35. Which was the Son of Saruch, which was the Son of Ragau, which was the Son of Phalec, which was the Son of Heber, which was the Son of Sala,
36. Which was the Son of Cainan, which was the Son of Arphaxad, which was the Son of Sem, which was the Son of Noe, which was the Son of Lamecb,
37. Which was the Son of Matbufala, which was the Son of Enoch, which was the Son of fared, which was the Son of Malcleel, which was the Son of Cainan,
38. Which was the Son of Enos, which was the Son of Seth, which was the Son of ADAM, which was the Son of GOD.
Christ is baptized of John in Jordan.
ND it came to pass in those Days, that Jesus
came from Nazareth of Galilee to Jordan, unto John, to be BAPTIZED of him.
Matt. iii. 14. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15. And Jesus answering, said unto him, Suffer it to be so now : for thus it becometh us to fulfil all RIGHTE
Then he suffered him: and was BAPTIZED of John in Jordan.
16. And Jesus when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the Water : and lo, the HEAVENS were opened unto him:
Luke jii. 22. And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily Shape like a Dove upon him, and a Voice came from Heaven, which faid, Thou art my BELOVED SON, in thee I am well PLEASED.
John's Testimony of JE SU S.
. of whom I fpake, He that cometh after me, is preferred before me; for he was before me.
16. And of his Fulness have all we received, and GRACE for GRACE.
17. For the Law was given by Moses, but GRACE and Truth came by Jesus Christ.
18. No Man hath feen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the Bosom of the FATHER, he hath declared him.
John's Answer to the Jews. 19. AND this is the Record of Fohn, when the Jezers
fent Priests and Levites from ferusalem, to ask him, Who art thou ?
20. And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
21. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou THAT PROPHET? And he answered, No.
22. Then 22. Then said they unto him, Who art thou ? that we may give an Answer to them that sent us : what fayft thou of thy self?
23. He said, I am the Voice of one crying in the Wilderness, Make straight the Way of the Lord, as said the Prophet Efaias.
24. And they which were fent, were of the Pharisees.
25. And they asked him, and said unto him, Why BAPTIZEst thou then, if thou be not that Chrift, nor Elias, neither that PROPHET?
26. John answered them, saying, 1 baptize with Water : but there ftandeth one among you,
know not ; 27. He it is who coming after me, is preferred before me, whose Shoes Latchet I am not worthy to unloose.
28. These Things were done in Bethabara beyond fordan, where John was baptizing.
29. The next Day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and faith, Behold the LAMB of God, which taketh away the Son of the World.
30. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a Man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.
31. And I knew him not : but that he should be made manifest to Ifrael, therefore am I come baptizing with Water.
32. And John bare record, saying, I saw the SPIRIT descending from Heaven, like a Dove, and it abode upon him.
33. And I knew him not: But he that sent me to baptize with Water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou fhalt see the SPIRIT descending and remaining on him, the fame is he which BAPTIZETH with the Holy Ghost.
34. And I saw, and bare Record that this is the Son of God.
35. Again, the next Day after, John stood, and two of his Disciples :
36. And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he faith, Behold the LAMB of God.
37. And the two Disciples heard him fpeak, and they followed Fefus.
38. Then Jejus turned and saw them following, and faith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master) where dwellelt thou ?
39. lle faith unto them, Come and fee. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that Day: for it was about the tenth Hour.
40. One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's Brother.
41. He first findeth his own Brother Simon, and faith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Cbrift.
42. And he brought him to fesus. And when Jesus boheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the Son of Jona: thou shalt be called. Cephasp which is by Interpretation, a Stone.
ND Fobn calling unto him two of his Disci
ples, sent them unto Jesus, saying, Art thou be that should come, or look we for another?
20. When the Men were come unto him, they said, John Dajtisi hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come, or look we for another?
21. And in that same Hour he cured many of their Infirmities and Plagues, and of evil Spirits, and unto many that were blind he gave Sight.
22. Then Jesus answering, said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what Things ye have seen and heard, how that the Blind fee, the Lame walk, the Lepers are cleansed, the Deaf hear, the Dead are raised, to the Poor the Gospel is preached.
23. And blelled is he whosoever shall not be offended in me.
24. And when the Messengers of John were departed, he began to speak unto the People concerning John, What went ye out into the Wilderness for to see ? A Reed ihaken with the Wind ?
25. But what went ye out for to see ? A Man cloathed in fóft Raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeoully apparelled, and live delicately, are in Kings Courts.
26. But what went ye out for to see? A PROPHET? Yes, I say unto you, and much more than a PROPHET. 27. This is he of whom it is written, Behold, I send my
MESSENGER before thy Face, which shall prepare thy Way before thee.
28. For I say unto you, Among those that are börn of Women, there is not a greater Prophet than John the Baptist : but he that is Jeast in the Kingdom of God, is
29. And all the People that heard him, and the Public cans justified God, being baptized with the Baptism of John.
30. But the Pharisees and Lawyers rejected the Counfel of God againt themselves, being not baptized of him.
greater than he.
Christ is tempted by the Devil, and of
the Temptations that Believers are subject to.
Mark i. Matt. iv. Luke iv. [Z.JA
ND (a) Jesus * be- (a) Luke x: 17. And the Seventy
ing full of the Holy returned again with Joy, saying, Ghost returned from For- Lord, even the Devils are subject
unto us through thy Name. dan, [M.] and then was lead 18. And he said unto them, I up of the Spirit into the Wil- beheld Satan as Lightning fali derness, to be TEMPTED of from Heaven.
John viii. 44. Ye are of your
Fa. the Devil: (Mr.] And he thér the Devil,
and the Lusts of was there in the Wilderness your Father ye will do : he was a forty Days, [L.] and was Murderer from the Beginning, and
abode not in the Truth, because TEMPTED forty Days (Mr.] there is no Truth in him. When of Satan, [I.] the Devil, he speaketh a Lyc, he speakech of [Mr.] and he was with the his own: for he is a Lyar, and the
Father of it. wild Beasts : [L.]And in thofe
Chap. xvii. 15. I pray not that Days he did eat nothing. (M.] thou shouldst take them out of the And when he had fafted forty World, but that thou shouldt keep
them from the Evil. Days and forty Nights, he was
Rom. xvi. 20. The God of Peace afterwards an hungred. And fall BRUISE SATAN
under your when the Tempter came un- Feet shortly.
2 Cor. ii. 11. Lest Satan should to him, (L.) the Devil faid unto him, If thou be the Son not ignorant of his devices.
get an Advantage of us : for we are of F
ChapNote, The Texts mark'd with (M.] are in the Gospel of St. Marther, EMr.) in Mark, (L.) in Luke, &c.