« הקודםהמשך »
CHRONOLOGICAL LIST OF DR. WATTS'S WORKS, WITH REFERENCES TO THE PAGES OF THIS VOLUME IN WHICH AN ACCOUNT OF THEM IS GIVEN.
1. 1705. Hora Lyricæ ; Poems chiefly of the Lyric kind, in three books 238-255
2. 1707. Essay against Uncharitableness, wherein the secret springs of that Vice are traced, and the mischievous effects of it briefly surveyed 212-214
3. 1707. A Sermon preached at Salter's Hall to the Societies for Reformation of Manners in the cities of London and Westminster ......214-216
4. 1707. Hymns and Spiritual Songs, in three books
5. 1716. A Guide to Prayer; or, a free and rational Account of the gift, grace, and spirit of Prayer; with plain Directions how every Christian may attain them .314-318
6. 1718. The Psalms of David Imitated in the Language of the New Testament, and applied to the Christian State and Worship ..334-359
7. 1720. Divine Songs attempted in easy language, for the use of Children
8. 1720. The Art of Reading and Writing English
9. 1721. Sermons on Various Subjects, vol. 1.
10. 1721. The Christian Doctrine of the Trinity; or, Father, Son, and Spirit,
Three Persons and one God asserted and proved; with their divine rights and honours vindicated by plain evidence of scripture, without the aid or incumbrance of human schemes .......380, 583
11. 1722. Death and Heaven, or the last Enemy conquered, and separate Spirits made perfect, attempted in two Funeral Discourses, in Memory of Sir John Hartopp, Baronet, and his Lady....382-385
12. 1723. Sermons, vol. 2...
13. 1724. The Arian invited to the Orthodox Faith: or, a plain and easy Method
19. 1726. A Defence against the Temptations to Self-murder, wherein the
23. 1728. A Book of Catechisms, complete: containing (1.) A Discourse of
42. 1742. The Harmony of all the Religions which God ever prescribed, con
taining a Brief Survey of the several public Dispensations of God towards Man, or his appointment of different Forms of Religion in successive ages
43. 1745. The World to Come, 2nd vol.
44. 1745. Orthodoxy and Charity united, in several reconciling Essays on the Law and Gospel, Faith and Works ...674
45. 1746. Useful and Important Questions concerning Jesus the Son of God freely proposed; with an humble Attempt to answer them according to Scripture ...593
46. 1746. The Glory of Christ as God-Man displayed in Three Discourses. (1.) A Survey of the Visible Appearances of Christ as God before his Incarnation, with some Observations on the Texts of the Old Testament applied to Christ. (2.) An Inquiry into the extensive Powers of the Human Nature of Christ in its present glorified State, with several Testimonies annexed. (3.) An Argument tracing out the early Existence of the Human Soul of Christ, even before the Creation of the World. With an Appendix containing an Abridgment of Doctor Thomas Goodwin's Discourse of the "Glories and Royalties of Christ," in his Works in folio, vol. ii. b. 3. ......598
47. 1746. An Essay on the Freedom of the Will in God and in Creatures, and on various Subjects connected therewith: namely, The Ideas of Liberty and Necessity; the Causes of the Determination of the Will; the Use of the Understanding to direct, not determine it; the Liberty of God as a Creator, a Governor, and a Benefactor; the Doctrine of Fatality; the Spring of Moral Good and Evil; the Difference between Moral and Positive Laws; the Sin and Fall of Man, and the Free Grace of God; the Rewardableness of Faith in the Gospel, and the criminal Nature of Infidelity...... ...681
48. 1747. Evangelical Discourses on Several Subjects; to which is added an Essay on the Powers and Contests of Flesh and Spirit ........681
49. 1747. The Rational Foundation of a Christian Church, and the terms of Christian Communion; to which are added Three Discourses: (1.) A Pattern for a Dissenting Preacher; (2.) The Office of Deacons ; (3.) Invitations to Church Fellowship... ..682